Back to Top ページ上に戻る

School of Law / Graduate School of Law




The undergraduate entrance exam for international students is held once a year in February. For detailed information, please visit Hokkaido University Admission Center Website(English).


The graduate entrance exam for international students is held twice a year: once from the end of January to the beginning of February and once in August. Applications are due at the beginning of December and the end of July, respectively. For detailed information, please see the page of Graduate School of Law and contact us at the address below.

Contact Address & Number
Graduate School of Law, Hokkaido University,
Kita9 Nishi7, Kita-ku, Sapporo,
060-0809 JAPAN
Tel. +81-11-706-3964

Research Students (Undergraduates & Graduates)

A research student is a student engaged in specific research under the direction of a faculty advisor. Research students are accepted in April and October in principle, but sometimes they are accepted at other times as well. After the Faculty has approved the acceptance of an international research student, procedures for the student to come to Japan are initiated. Upon admission to the university, the entrance examination fee, entrance fee, and tuition fee are paid. After coming to Japan, the student can, in consultation with the faculty advisor, decide to attend Japanese language courses or attend undergraduate or graduate courses. The Graduate School of Law does not require students to be research students before taking the entrance exam. Many research students, however, enter the master’s or doctoral program after their term as a research student ends, and these research students can consult with their faculty advisors to decide the best way for them to enter the graduate program (summer or winter exam and test subjects).
For further information about research students, please see the page of Undergraduate School of Law.

Updated on May 17, 2018